Friday, June 15, 2012

Busy Shelf Update

Another snapshot of the busy hobby shelf, littered with old and new projects.
Front and center is a Maschinen Krieger (Ma.K) "Gustav" fighting suit, 1/35 scale. That's about 54mm scale to our kind. I still need to weather the arms and shoulders, but it's coming along nicely. The decidedly forward lean is because he's on a pin and not in final glued position. There's a clear canopy that goes on as well, but I'm debating whether to use that or not. I'm rather fond of the base, which uses photo etched brass maple leaves and barbed wire.

Just to his right is a newly painted Gutter Runner for my Skaven Blood Bowl team. To his left is the recently completed Slayer for the Dwarf team. Behind the Gutter Runner is the perennially incomplete stained glass Avatar of Menoth, making me sad. Now that I've decided to paint the models in book order, he's got a ways to go.

Also seen, a Rackham something or other, a Skull Pass Lord/Thane (primed), a very old Skaven (possibly HeroQuest) missing his weapon and a sheep that one of my daughters made from Sculpey.

Not pictured, Herne and Jonne. They are somewhere right of the Avatar and now partially painted.

TL;DR Bonus Content: I am contributing to Black Crusade 2012, the charity army build done by the same folks who brought you Storm Wardens and Heroes of Armageddon. I have a special character and a specialized unit to paint. Contribute now to maximize your chances of winning the drawings held along the way. My Malifaux crew is based with swag I won from Secret Weapon miniatures in one of those drawings.

1 comment:

  1. "Gustav" fighting suit is available on Amazon - one size does not fit all.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.