Thursday, August 26, 2010

Skrolk WIP 2

Tonight I worked on the robe, the bells and the book.  I'm photographing on a gray backdrop now and it appears to have helped the quality.

One thing I'm trying to do is highlight all the way up to skull white in places.  I really like the mini painting style of Massimiliano Corso, and have always wanted to be able to highlight as high as he does.  This rat doesn't go to that extreme, but I'm stepping out into new territory.

Just a quick color rundown....
Skin: tallarn flesh, elf flesh and skull white
Robe: gnarloc green, scorpion green, skull white
Bells/chains: Reaper shadowed steel, Reaper polished silver/gryphon sepia wash, bright bronze details.
Book/horns: Reaper bone shadow... will work up to khaki then bleached bone, then skull white

1 comment:

  1. Looking good dude. I like the green robes, they're not too dark or light.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.