Monday, August 09, 2010

Simple Gaming Table part 4

Hey, this thing is coming together!  I drybrushed the Apple Barrel Country Tan onto the surface.  It went on a lot easier than the Nutmeg Brown did.  I'm not sure if the paints have different qualities, my technique was different or the differing colors just made it seem easier.

Anyway...

Based on some great suggestions from The Pirate Viking in my last post, I watered down some white glue and made some static grass patches.  The grass is a little bit of Citadel "static grass" in the middle (very green) with Citadel "scorched grass" over most of the rest of the patches.  The photo shows them, pre-vacuum.  I'll zook up the extra after it's all dry and then brush on the protective glue/water coat.  After that the only step left is to adhere the borders on the long edges.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased.  The palette is a little colder than I thought it would be.  I'm not really sure what colors I would have used for a warmer, earthier look.  Either way, it looks great for the Warhammer, 40k and Warmachine/Hordes battles that it will host.  Now to make some terrain!

1 comment:

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.