Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lucius Continues, Khador Cutie and Horrid Dwarf

How's that for a mixed title. Work on Lucius continues. I have enough free time in the next 10 days or so to finish both him and the unit of Noise Marines that I am expecting on my doorstep any day now.
Look out! He's armed now!
I slapped some quick paint on one of the Grind Khador runners. Isn't it adorable? 

Arms come later, after I magnetize everything.

 Lastly, I received this craptastic recast of a Dwarf Blitzer in an eBay lot. I'm going to try and make the best of it. His right hand was horribly miscast, and major surgery was required. Resculpting with an xacto knife isn't really a precision technique, but at least it looks like a hand now. We'll see if I can rescue this guy from his inauspicious roots.

I am a pale shadow of my original sculpt.

3 comments:

  1. I like the slaanesh marine's colours but so so its tubes. I hope in later stages you'll achieve better contrast with them.

    AVOID RECASTS !

    http://dreamers.com/fantplastic/articulos/pirata04.jpg

    IMHO It's an horrible practice that would be only taken into account when it's done propperly (paying justice to the sculpt) and made by fans to fans to keep an sculpt alive, not in a profitable way like most ebayers do.

    I'm curious about what you could do to him (dwarf). Besides, lol at the "satin finish" gamecolor black bottle in the pic ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stress enough how much I love dark backgrounds on websites/blogs.

    My fiancee (art director, handles branding stuff and big corp's sites everyday) says it's an abomination but I dig the oldschool feeling of white text over black, being badass at the internet when it all started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the recasts suck. I am skeptical now of any and all eBay auctions for old figures. Even this one was from a guy with no obvious recast history. He acquired the model in a trade and never knew its dark history.

    In terms of text color, I view it like computer cases. Tan used to be the thing, then black, white, gray, etc. The web will come back to white text on black, and I'll be ready when it does.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.