Monday, May 07, 2007

What's Gonna Work? Teamwork!

Okay, I admit it. My favorite show on TV right now is The Wonder Pets. I watch the adventures of Linny, Tuck and Ming Ming with my kids nearly every day, and I routinely walk around work singing the songs from the show. Yes, my coworkers are about to kill me. (And yes, "This is sewious.")

The show is created using "photo puppetry", sort of a frame by frame Photoshop-style compositing of photographs with some animation and CG effects. The episodes are all very musical, almost operetta in spoken to song ratio, and vary a great deal in musical styles presented. It has the predictable structure that young kids like so much combined with more complex concepts. I was able to explain foreshadowing to my 5-year old using the normal Wonder Pets episode structure.

More later? Maybe. Probably. Man I love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.