Friday, August 10, 2012

Noise Marines Have Arrived! (Plus Kickstarter News)

The Black Crusade 2012 Noise Marines I committed to paint have finally arrived. Now comes crunch time. I have about four evening to paint ten very cool looking servants of Slaanesh. Argh. Doing them any justice in four nights will be a task of Herculean scope (if Hercules was a pudgy old guy hunched over in a chair painting toys perhaps.)

Not much to look at yet
Oh my, but I do have a long way to go on them. Yikes.

Kickstarter news: 

Jack Houston and the Necronauts funded. Barely, but yay! A stop-motion point and click adventure game was too cool an idea to pass up.

John K (of Ren and Stimpy) had his cartoon "Cans Without Labels" reach the 100% mark. For a minimal contribution you can get a cartoon!

Wyrd Miniatures' Evil Baby Orphanage has 3 days left to jump in. At the $55 level you get the card game, three minis that can be Malifaux proxies, a case, poster, two expansions, and a deck of evil baby cards that can be used as a Malifaux fate deck. I doubt they will make their $100k stretch goal but you never know!

Reaper Bones continued to swell, with the baseline contribution reward growing well past 100 minis now, and options for lots of other things that would have cost a mint before. The dragon Ebonwrath (previously $70 in metal) is a $10 add-on option. Shadow Dragon ($30) and Fire Dragon ($33) add-on together for $15 (not quite reached but soon.) Fire Giant king and queen (combined price about $58) as a $10 add-on. This is the all you can eat Reaper buffet I tells ya. I just hope their sales aren't negatively impacted for the next two years because everyone has more minis than they could possible paint (ha!)

Cool Mini Or Not kick off their third campaign, Relic Knights, featuring Soda Pop Miniatures. They are certainly interesting kits but I don't think I'll be getting in on this one. I seem to be alone on this based on the fact that it's >500% funded after about two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.