Tuesday, October 04, 2011

PSA: Talk To Your Kids About This Tragedy

A friend of mine buried his 14 year-old daughter today. Abi had been experimenting with self-asphyxiation (called "the choking game" among other names) and things had gone wrong. There is an absolutely heart-wrenching information video/presentation at http://www.gaspinfo.com that explains more about this. Caleb and Kassi are determined that the truth about this to be known so that other kids don't cut their lives tragically short as their daughter did.

I know a lot of you hobbyists are parents. I have kids myself. As hard as it's going to be, I will be watching this with them tonight. I ask that you do the same.

2 comments:

  1. That is a tragic lose for your friends and their family. My kids are a little young for such discussions (at 5 and 2 months) but I will try to remember this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know about that... AT ALL!! It might be a phenomena just happening in the states, cause I haven't heard about it in Europe.

    Anyway, could not have ever imagined about it, I meant... I allways thought nowadays youth on their 13s have more appealing stuff to get hooked to, like sex and such.

    Something is wrong with humanity, I dunno if it's society, parenthood standards or whatnot. Maybe it's just mother nature; lack of other animals predating on us (and thus controlling population) is making our offspring reckless or just going nuts.

    Sad stuff. Hope that disturbing video and GASP help stopping this from happening. :(

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.