Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My One Year Goal

July 13th isn't really the traditional date for making one-year resolutions, but I am sick to death of seeing the same five minis on the left side of this blog.

My goal:  Replace as many of my CoolMiniOrNot top five as I can with new ones.  I mean, come on.... that Black Templar fig is more than four years old, and I've only managed to post four other minis that even come close to that?  Even the most recent addition is almost a year and a half old.

So, the plan:

  1. Pick up a couple new brushes that have better tips... Done!
  2. Figure out how to better photograph minis.... no idea!
  3. Slow down and concentrate on quality.
I took a couple years to do this before and managed to boost my painting skills to the point where I won my one-and-only Golden Demon.  I need to do this again so I can start hitting 8's on CMON with fairly predictable frequency.  I'm not sure I'll be able to score five >=8.3 in the next year, but I'm going to try.

I'll check back with this goal on July 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.