Friday, February 17, 2006

Kudos to you

You may consider yourself morally superior for having found my blog, more so if you appreciate it or get the little references that seem to pepper my everyday speech.

So why hakoMike? Originally, when choosing a name for a business, I chose "Hako Software" based on my study of Japanese language. Hako means "box" in Japanese, and one of the phrases that gained infamy in Japanese class was "hako no naka ni neko ga imasu." In the box is a cat(s). I just thought "box" was so evocative for the possibilities. What could go in a box? Anything. Maybe even other boxes. It doesn't seem quite as inspired now, but what ever does?

More recently I found that in Swahili hako means "absent" which is much closer to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.