Wednesday, November 07, 2012

2k CSM List... Thoughts?

I have a 40k game day lined up for Saturday, the first game if 6th ed. I will be playing and maybe the third game of 40k in the past year. Yeah, I don't get out a lot.

Anywho... I have a limited number of models to work with, so I am trying to build the best list I can. Here is what I own and what I plan on fielding. Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. One model in the CSM unit can take the icon... can that model be the aspiring champion? I'd sure like to have that "look out, sir" roll if that model get's sniped.

I own:
  • Dark Vengeance (Lord, 6 Chosen, 10 Cultists w/ pistol & ccw, 10 Cultists w/ autogun, Helbrute)
  • Typhus
  • Daemon Prince of Nurgle, flying, with Burning Brand of Skalathrax
  • Sorcerer (terminator armor)
  • 20 Chaos Space Marines (aspiring champ w/ plasma pistol & power sword, 2 plasma guns, icon)
  • 30 plague zombies (Wargames Factory)
  • 20 Cultists (WHFB Flagellants, some assembled and some not)
  • 18 Cultists w/ autogun (Wargames Factory)
  • 10 or so assorted Chaos Space Marines (assembled, 1 heavy bolter, 1 lascannon, 1 missile launcher, 1 icon bearer, 2 w/ ccw & pistol, some bolters)
  • 10 Chaos Space Marines (box set, not assembled)
  • 6 Khorne Berzerkers (not assembled)
  • 9 Plague Marines (not assembled, includes champion and plasma gun)
  • 5 Warp Talons assembled, 5 unassembled
  • Havocs (box set, not assembled ... 1 missile launcher, 1 heavy bolter, 1 autocannon, 1 lascannon)
  • Chaos Vindicator
My Nurgle/Slaanesh list (1994 pts):
  • Typhus (230)
  • Daemon Prince of Nurgle (wings, power armor, Burning Brand of Skalathrax) (260)
  • 7 Plague Marines, plasma gun, champion has power fist, Veterans of the Long War) (215)
  • 10 Cultists (autopistol & ccw, 1 x flamer) (55)
  • 10 Cultists (autogun, 1 x heavy stubber, champion has shotgun) (65)
  • 18 Cultists (autogun, 1 x flamer) (101)
  • 30 plague zombies (130)
  • 16 Chaos Space Marines (+ccw, 2 plasma guns, champion has power fist, mark of Slaanesh, icon of Excess, VotLW) (370)
  • 7 Havocs (2 missile launchers w/ flakk missiles, 2 lascannons, mark of Nurgle) (191)
  • 5 Warp Talons (mark of Slaanesh, VotLW) (190)
  • Chaos Vindicator (daemonic possession, destroyer blades) (150)
It has 5 troops choices, which should be useful for objective grabbing, including the large fnp zombie block and a pretty good sized csm unit with fnp that swings before regular marines with potentially 49 attacks on the charge. I'm guessing most of my opponents are going to be MEQ, so the Havocs and Warp Talons will work as nice anti-3+ options. The Vindicator... well, it's hard to argue with that gun if you can get a shot off. 

So, any suggestions as to what I could/should change or substitute, based on what I own? I can build but I won't be buying before then. I suppose I could swing a rhino too, by using a loyalist model I have built....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.