Monday, May 02, 2011

Another Reason Having Kids Rocks

Having kids is like living with comedians.  Tiny, sloppy, needy comedians.  As evidence I give you these two exchanges between my daughters (Sarah and Lily) and me.

From last week...

Me: I watched part of Dumb and Dumber the other night.  I was surprised at how much casual profanity is thrown around in that movie.
Sarah: Oh, so they were like "Hi!  Hi!  Hi!" (waving and smiling madly)
Me: Uh, no.  More like beeep beeep beeep beeep.
Sarah: (looking serious and thoughtful) I see. So they were robots.

And this one from breakfast this morning...

Me: Do you kids know who Osama bin Laden is?
Kids: No.
Me: He's the leader of the group who planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
Lily: I suppose we'll be hearing about him in Social Studies.
Me: Well, after searching for him for almost ten years, the military finally found him and he was killed in an attack yesterday.
Lily: Well then I guess we'll be hearing about him in History.

My son isn't quite there with the verbal wit yet, but he's only six.  He tells me thrilling tales of playing Portal with his friend Colin at school.  I'm not quite sure what two six year olds play-acting Portal is like, but Jay is developing a passable impression of GLaDOS's speech cadence.

4 comments:

  1. I am very interested in what playground Portal antics looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true who needs the comedy channels when you have kids. I've inadvertantly taught my 4 year old (the ginger menece) to say "you will be" when ever anyone says sorry to him, he's even got the Yoda tone down pat lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny. I like Lily's sense of humor. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read this post I ask, "Great post or Greatest post?"

    this is the best post you ever made, At least it made made me feel better than any others, bc I think it restored some sort of "hope for the future" feelings.

    Now if it only had a zombie line to go with the robots one.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.