Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Unspeakable Shame of Proxying

I have no problem with people proxying models for things they don't have in their army.  I greet each request with enthusiastic approval.  Approaching this week's Warmachine game, I found myself balking considerably at the idea of fielding models that I either did not own or had not assembled.





It occurred to me that I never proxy.  Ever.

So why not?  I clearly have no problem with it, since I gladly let others proxy.  What is my deal?  Well, today I am proxying no matter how squeamish I may be.  Regular Severius shall be representing Epic Severius, and a garden variety Revenger will be the character warjack "Blessing of Vengeance."  It seriously took an act of willpower to settle on this list for today.  I almost reverted to a non-proxy list.

It's going to be tough, but I'm pretty sure I'll live through this.

2 comments:

  1. At least you are not a proxier (?) that tells others that they in fact can not proxy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as proxying goes, that sounds pretty tame. Good for you though for being lenient with others.

    I think part of the reason I try to avoid proxying myself is that I'm afraid I'll forget what something is supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.