Monday, July 27, 2009

Missed Chicago

My chance at a 2nd Golden Demon passed me by this weekend when I skipped going to Chicago Games Day. We just don't have the money for that kind of thing right now.


I'll admit though, the pressure to up the ante from the past two years was a little intense (albeit all self imposed.) In '07 I set my sights on getting first cut, and made honorable mention (for my Skaven Giant.) In '08 I wanted to get a trophy of some sort, and I took home a bronze in 40k large model (for my Ork Warboss.) This year I was hoping for at least a silver.

The funny thing is that I keep looking at my old competition pieces and I'm less and less happy with my technique. I really hope that means I'm improving as a painter.

Next year's competition will feature two of the really good ideas I had this year, which were for fantasy regiment and fantasy single. A friend of mine had a really good idea for duel (which is now "diorama") which I might steal if he doesn't want to do it himself.

1 comment: