Monday, June 17, 2013

The Old Guards and the New

Do Wraithguard have a rule that prevents them from being photographed in focus?
I'm pretty sure they do.
I assembled/magnetized a box of Wraithguard/Wraithblades this weekend. I was a little surprised at how much bigger the new models are compared to the old metal models. Even with the wider stance, the new one here is significantly taller than the old one. They also changed the base size to 40mm, which is fine with me. I thought the old models looked crowded on their tiny bases.

So, the Eldar army marches on toward field-ability. I am getting to the point that I need to be more selective about what to assemble in what order if I want to sprint to a 2000 pt game. Considering I started buying Eldar withe the last book came out, it's about time I started playing them.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on my blog. Make a stop on your way back, we have some good breweries here (ok, one is Sleeman's but still decent).

    I've never actually painted Eldar, despite thinking they were pretty cool. I wish I had some older models though - when they were weirder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike, this is Crispy from the Mandulian Chapel. I saw that you commented on the blog. Thanks for the views. I'm not sure if we ever got a game in, but I remember you from when I lived in Michigan. I used to go to Planeswalker's Magic Bag, and helped Angelos with tournaments. Anyway, good to see you're still up to warhammer stuff.

    -Crispy

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.