Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Old Guy Update

Last week I experienced what some would call a "rite of passage" of aging. I got bifocals. At some point in the past I could have imagined not liking the idea, but I absolutely love these things! I can see again! It was getting hard to do much of anything up close with my glasses on, and my vision isn't clear for very far with them off. I have to retrain myself to not look over my glasses at near objects now.

By the way, did I mention I love my bifocals? I really do.

The only complaint I have is that I have to actually move my head to look at things. If I hold my head level and look at the floor using only eye-tilt the floor is somewhat blurry. It's disconcerting at first, but you adapt quickly. And I can see!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats I suppose. I'm still in denial of needing glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I've had my bifocals since I was 39 or maybe 40. Can't remember - guess I need some Alzheimer drugs soon as well (I'll just steal them from my Mom). Sadly, I lost them at a cider mill/hayride place and I can't afford to replace them, so I'm using store bought "readers" when I'm wearing my contacts.

    Still, I love the ease of looking above them or to the side and being able to see distance and looking down for the bifocals.

    I, however, do not use them to read - like books or newspapers. It actually causes too much eyestrain. So I take out my contacts, take off my reading glasses, and then read! Bizarre, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other comment on the April 2 post isn't showing up. Did you at least get it via email or something? God, I hope so because I don't think I can remember all the praiseful stuff I said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Ypsi! Hello from Saint Clair Shores!

    Yes, this is my last comment. At least for today. Or for awhile. Because you're a geek of some kind that I can't even figure out. What ARE these blogs about?

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.