Friday, January 16, 2009

Flash Kraken

Behold my first app written in open source Flash development tools.

Okay, it's not much but it demonstrates a few things I wanted to do, namely a progress bar that fills up as the image loads. The image is located remotely, and I need to figure out how to make libraries of resources that can be embedded in the flash app.

Project source: CTD.zip

The name of the zip and the swf file indicate my intended first game in flash, Coin Toss Dungeon. Coin Toss Dungeon references a "What's New with Phil and Dixie" cartoon from the early 80's that I originally read in Dragon magazine in my greasier teenage years. Through the magic of the interwebs (and Mr. Foglio's generosity) I present it for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.