Friday, January 05, 2007

Breakfast Showdown

Reese's Puffs cereal by General Mills
  • 13 servings per 14.25 oz box
  • 120 calories per serving
  • 3.5g fat per serving (1g saturated)
  • 180mg sodium
  • 22g carbs (1g fiber, 12g sugars)
  • 2g protein
  • 10-25% of vitamins A,C,D,B and a bunch of minerals
  • $4.29 at Meijer yesterday
Kroger brand Christmas Butter Cookies
  • 14 servings per 14 oz box
  • 120 calories per serving
  • 3g fat per serving (0.5g saturated)
  • 125mg sodium
  • 21g carbs (<1g fiber, 6g sugars)
  • 2g protein
  • no pretense of any nutritional value
  • $1 before Christmas. I think they're 50% off now.
I suppose if I was using a breakfast cereal as my primary source of vitamins and minerals, the Reese's Puffs come out the winner. I should buy Cookie Crisp for the next showdown. It will be fun to see how it fares against actual cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.