Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Flat

I'm doing everything I had planned for the Thane, but something is not coming together. It just doesn't have any pop. Take a look at the last few WIP photos and they just don't show a tremendous difference, despite having spent hours and hours painting. Maybe this is one of those minis that will emerge in the final night of painting, and not a moment before.

Mark came over last night and painted the sergeant from his terminator squad, destined for eBay. With only white primer, the bone color for the armor and green base coat on the tabard, it looks featureless. I'll be watching how he approaches the next couple painting sessions to see how he handles it. Mark has been painting a lot longer than I have, but he still wants to paint fast. For games that require 100 models on the field that's a good thing to be able to do, but it compromises quality. I greatly look forward to seeing what he can do now that he slows down and paints for quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.